This is a reminder that Wednesday, Sept.,20 is a half day for students. Dismissal will be at 11:30.
If you have not done so already, please make sure you send in all the school forms that went home the first week, the $20 student fee and the $6 class fee.
Terry Fox pledge forms will be coming home soon. We will be learning about Terry Fox over the next couple of weeks.
Keep up to date on all the things happening at Island View School on the school website, simply, google Island View School.
What We Are Doing This Week:
Language Arts: We are setting up Daily 5 procedures and routines.
Math: We are learning Numbers to 20 and have started our unit on Patterns.
You and Your World: Things We Need to Know such as hand-washing, school procedures and routines, birthday, address, etc.
1. Children are to read a book from home each night. Have your child print the Titles in the front of their Homework Book. We hope to have 100 books read by 100th Day! Books from school will be coming home next week (Books in a Bag).
2. Have your child read these new words each night. You may want to refer to the 25 Ways to Practice Your Sight Words. An oral sight word quiz will be given each Friday.
at of for little they me _____ ____ _____ _______ ______ ____
3. Each night practice counting forwards to 20.
4. Fill in the "I know my birthday" activity sheet. Please return this sheet to school.
5. Tues.-Thurs. Practice reading the next poem. Any written work will be done in school. All your child has to do is read the poem a couple of times each night starting on Tues.
That’s it for this week, thanks for checking in.